Friday, May 12, 2006

Introduction To Sociology

When I first started my semester at SIM, Sociology was the topic that, amongst all the other subjects I sought to subjugate, perk my attention. It seemed so interesting; a different perspective to life and how society and its incumbent social beings behaved. Don't be mistaken...the subject still interests me. But in spite of all this, I went into the examination hall with butterflies in my tummy...

I didn't know whether what I'd studied was sufficient or not; I'd spent well nigh on seven days poring over the notes and essential readings, but I had no way of knowing whether I'd missed out on something important, something essential. Moreover, the last major exam I took, not including those crummy insurance MCQ tests was in 2001 when I took my GCE 'A' Levels...bloody 5 years ago. My mental acumen wasn't at its most prepared state.

But once I'd delved into the paper, 3 hours seemed to pass in a flash. No hesitations, no wasted deliberations; I seemed to know the answers to the questions almost right away (Thank God). I concluded my second paragraph just as the time ran out, and while checking my answers, I couldn't help but feel like I should be able to score for this paper. And this feeling lasted until I exited the examination hall and found my friends waiting outside.

And then, I realised that I'd attempted a question on a topic Dr. Wong never taught us on before. We were supposed to attempt the question on bureaucracy, but what I did was to apply the modernisation theory on the topic on power. Now, I'm not so sure if they'd simply write off my essay as out of point or not.

But then again, in retrospect, not too bad an attempt, considering its my 1st paper in 5 years.

Riding hard, fast, safely AND taking a few corners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home