New Police Story
Got a load of things done today. Went over to Ah Lian's to take a look at my dad's ride.
There's light, cosmetic damage but my concerns ran deeper into the slight jerk to the
right that occurs when you apply the brakes that could have caused my dad's
accident. He's going to respray the mudguard, replace the 'Phantom' logo, replace the
dented rear brake lever, do a full service for the engine...something my dad hasn't done
since he purchased the bike 2 years ago, replace the handle bar, steering cone, headlight,
reoil the fork and check on the brake discs, as well as change the chain and sprocket.
All in all should be around $1k. If my dad stops riding I might well sell my bike and
take his for a ka ta.
Went to Sim Lim to get new hard disk drives. Once I'd parked my bike however, I
was approached by this old man in white; at first I thought he was the security
coming to screw me for parking on the pavement, and then I decided he wasn't as he kept
smiling at me...which isn't exactly the behaviour you'd expect from someone coming to shoo you
away. He said he forgot to bring his money and asked me to spare him $3 for lunch, which
I did. One good deed for the day. I got the drives...but I forgot all about the cables. Hopefully
I remember tomorrow when I go get dad's handphone and the X-Box...supposed to go to a
shop called 'South East Asia' to find those in Funan.
I forgot to mention the horrible attitude some car drivers adopt...as if they have more right
to the road just because they pay road tax. On my way around, I was put in the hot seat
by 3 seperate drivers who simply lane changed into me, forcing me to swerve wide to avoid
them when I was originally on the lane beside them. On the 1st two occasions it happened
simultaneously as I was entering the P.I.E. from Toa Payoh. The acceleration lane is a big
roundabout and while I was taking the corner on the inner lane this blue Mazda 6 just cut
towards me, as if forcing me to ride on the curb. Fancy that...lane changing without signalling
or checking blind spots in a corner! I was forced to accelerate ahead, and thus met with
a grey Mazda 323 that did the exact same thing. !@$#!$^@# The 3rd occasion was when
the van ahead of me switched to the left lane then swerved back when he spotted road
works going on at the left lane ahead. Wtf...
Finally got the computer fixed as well...but it's emitting weird sounds and isn't completely
stable yet. I'm not taking the chance of losing my 2nd collection of music just like that!
BACKUP TIME!!
Watched the latest Jackie Chan's New Police Story. Not as much action as I'd expect from
a Mr. Chan production, and the manner in which the 5 gang members were defeated was
some sort of an anti-climax...the entire storyline was building towards a showdown with
the 5, one by one, but 2 of them died in a most pathetic manner. It was good though.
Charlie Yeung makes a comeback in this movie and boy does she look good~!
@!^%@*&@ car drivers...
Riding hard, fast, safely AND taking a few corners.
There's light, cosmetic damage but my concerns ran deeper into the slight jerk to the
right that occurs when you apply the brakes that could have caused my dad's
accident. He's going to respray the mudguard, replace the 'Phantom' logo, replace the
dented rear brake lever, do a full service for the engine...something my dad hasn't done
since he purchased the bike 2 years ago, replace the handle bar, steering cone, headlight,
reoil the fork and check on the brake discs, as well as change the chain and sprocket.
All in all should be around $1k. If my dad stops riding I might well sell my bike and
take his for a ka ta.
Went to Sim Lim to get new hard disk drives. Once I'd parked my bike however, I
was approached by this old man in white; at first I thought he was the security
coming to screw me for parking on the pavement, and then I decided he wasn't as he kept
smiling at me...which isn't exactly the behaviour you'd expect from someone coming to shoo you
away. He said he forgot to bring his money and asked me to spare him $3 for lunch, which
I did. One good deed for the day. I got the drives...but I forgot all about the cables. Hopefully
I remember tomorrow when I go get dad's handphone and the X-Box...supposed to go to a
shop called 'South East Asia' to find those in Funan.
I forgot to mention the horrible attitude some car drivers adopt...as if they have more right
to the road just because they pay road tax. On my way around, I was put in the hot seat
by 3 seperate drivers who simply lane changed into me, forcing me to swerve wide to avoid
them when I was originally on the lane beside them. On the 1st two occasions it happened
simultaneously as I was entering the P.I.E. from Toa Payoh. The acceleration lane is a big
roundabout and while I was taking the corner on the inner lane this blue Mazda 6 just cut
towards me, as if forcing me to ride on the curb. Fancy that...lane changing without signalling
or checking blind spots in a corner! I was forced to accelerate ahead, and thus met with
a grey Mazda 323 that did the exact same thing. !@$#!$^@# The 3rd occasion was when
the van ahead of me switched to the left lane then swerved back when he spotted road
works going on at the left lane ahead. Wtf...
Finally got the computer fixed as well...but it's emitting weird sounds and isn't completely
stable yet. I'm not taking the chance of losing my 2nd collection of music just like that!
BACKUP TIME!!
Watched the latest Jackie Chan's New Police Story. Not as much action as I'd expect from
a Mr. Chan production, and the manner in which the 5 gang members were defeated was
some sort of an anti-climax...the entire storyline was building towards a showdown with
the 5, one by one, but 2 of them died in a most pathetic manner. It was good though.
Charlie Yeung makes a comeback in this movie and boy does she look good~!
@!^%@*&@ car drivers...
Riding hard, fast, safely AND taking a few corners.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home