Tuesday, September 21, 2004

No Go

Yesterday, I was told I'd be taking my classes today. Today, the only class
I took was relief for 2.1....
No go due to the messy planning by the ppl upstairs; trouble with the
distribution of students, and then no classroom allotted etc...
Meaning I stayed over yesterday rushing out my lesson plans for nothing.
I could've used the free periods to cruise through at a more leisurely pace.
I still don't know if I'm getting a notebook/laptop from MOE, always don't
have the opportunity to ask the appropriate people. Saw this really good
deal involving a Sony Vaio 1.7ghz centrino tech laptop at the auctions for
only $600++ and was wondering if I should get that. Or the P4 2.4ghz going
for $900, price negotiable.

And if I get a laptop should I get a top of the end one and forget about my
PC? Or should I buy a cheapo one for work and get a PC for home use as well?
Confused...

Like I said I took 2.1 as a relief teacher. Initially wanted to use the
method Mr.Albert Wong used on my class back when I was in Primary school,
but I wouldn't have been able to keep them occupied for an entire hour, so
I let them play or do whatever they want on the condition that they keep
their volume down. Had to keep reminding this group of students playing
'SNAP' to hush it, but after a while they got carried away and started
yelling 'SNAPPPP!!!' at every other moment. Nearing the end of the
lesson they actually approached me to ask me if I wanted to play or not.
So cute right? I had to reject of course as I had to go to another lesson
in like 3 minutes then.

There was also this girl who kept following me around as I circulated around
the classroom. At first pretended to be a chinese vampire stalking me, then
kept saying I was married and congratulating me. Then telling me each time
I turned around to look at her that she was going to buy something. Nearer
the end of the lesson when I sat at the teacher's table, she came to the
front too and started wiping the already clean whiteboard while grinning
away at me. Cute right? I was thinking that perhaps this was a kid who had
no friends as noone in the class seemed to bother about her, and that she
needed some attention, so I tried to sit her down and talk to her. But I
guess little kids have some aversion to speaking with a teacher...she zipped
away from me after I'd uttered a question, her answer lost in the wind. Then
later she'd come hovering back like an ever-present shadow, skipping away
when I turned towards her with the intention of talking to her.

As I was leaving the classroom, the entire class groaned and asked me not to
leave as they thought I was very good; I let them play games. They didn't
want another teacher to come along. HmmM~...I could use that as a
means to entice the students to behave and do their work...*ponders*

When I went down for lunch after school, this group of students from 2.1
approached me and told me they were from 2.1 coz I didn't really recognise
them. Some started talking to me about some stuff, while the other less
outspoken kids hovered around smiling at me. HeeZ~...kawaii~

Rain was super heavy...so heavy that even my toolbox was soaked.

Ramadan, one of the more mischievious boys, and the one who told me " 'cher,
you very tough....you act tough" -_-'
I'll see if I can use reason to keep him in check. But then again, being mud
material...
Riding hard, fast, safely AND taking a few corners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home