Your's Sincerely, Mr Seah.
1st day of work. Officially over. I actually have half the day left to do
Winnie's car.
Here's what happened today. I arrived at around 0735hrs and reported to the
General Office, where this kind senior teacher called Mrs Poh showed me to
the principal's office where I had a short chat, and then went up to my table
at the staff room. The table is big. Then again, it's an understatement. I've
honestly never ever worked on such a huge table with so much storage space
before. The display possibilities are endless. But looking at the orang
lama sitting around me, the same amount of space allotted to them hardly
seems enough. I probably bring both my track bikes down to clutter up the
table, then see about whether I'll bring down the R1 or ZX12.
Sat in for Mr Choo's classes, with frequent disruptions from rowdy students.
There're a couple of malay 'monkeys', and one pervert chinese kid who feels
up female schoolmates. Now I know where the typical trainee I got during my
NS days originate from. I'm honestly unsure if I can handle such situations
well, but God help me, I'll try my best.
The day actually ended at 1420hrs, but I couldn't leave then due to the rain.
I'm told I'd be getting a laptop, so at the moment I needn't get my PC. I'll
see how things go along.
There were little whispers here and there in the class beginning with "this
teacher...pssst pssst psssssssssst...", children staring at my Gortex boots,
kids telling me " 'cher you very tough", and a couple of kids gaping in awe
(or at least I hope its awe) as I kick started my bike to leave for
home.
I'd imagined the climate at the school staff room to be like what I'd
experienced at the TPP, where a nice smile opens doors and breaks down all
barriers. Many people have told me that I have a nice smile anyway; breaks
down my icy demeanour or something. But here I smile, exchange 'hi' and watch
as they breeze by. I'll have to try harder tomorrow...gonna work there for
something like 10 months so I'd best make it easy for myself.
Xianglong almost crashed my Dad's bike after I taught him how to move off.
Despite telling him not to jam the brakes too hard he did so and almost
caused my dad's bike to crash. -_-
The trip from home to school seems too short to be worth the fuel...
Riding hard, fast, safely AND taking a few corners.
Winnie's car.
Here's what happened today. I arrived at around 0735hrs and reported to the
General Office, where this kind senior teacher called Mrs Poh showed me to
the principal's office where I had a short chat, and then went up to my table
at the staff room. The table is big. Then again, it's an understatement. I've
honestly never ever worked on such a huge table with so much storage space
before. The display possibilities are endless. But looking at the orang
lama sitting around me, the same amount of space allotted to them hardly
seems enough. I probably bring both my track bikes down to clutter up the
table, then see about whether I'll bring down the R1 or ZX12.
Sat in for Mr Choo's classes, with frequent disruptions from rowdy students.
There're a couple of malay 'monkeys', and one pervert chinese kid who feels
up female schoolmates. Now I know where the typical trainee I got during my
NS days originate from. I'm honestly unsure if I can handle such situations
well, but God help me, I'll try my best.
The day actually ended at 1420hrs, but I couldn't leave then due to the rain.
I'm told I'd be getting a laptop, so at the moment I needn't get my PC. I'll
see how things go along.
There were little whispers here and there in the class beginning with "this
teacher...pssst pssst psssssssssst...", children staring at my Gortex boots,
kids telling me " 'cher you very tough", and a couple of kids gaping in awe
(or at least I hope its awe) as I kick started my bike to leave for
home.
I'd imagined the climate at the school staff room to be like what I'd
experienced at the TPP, where a nice smile opens doors and breaks down all
barriers. Many people have told me that I have a nice smile anyway; breaks
down my icy demeanour or something. But here I smile, exchange 'hi' and watch
as they breeze by. I'll have to try harder tomorrow...gonna work there for
something like 10 months so I'd best make it easy for myself.
Xianglong almost crashed my Dad's bike after I taught him how to move off.
Despite telling him not to jam the brakes too hard he did so and almost
caused my dad's bike to crash. -_-
The trip from home to school seems too short to be worth the fuel...
Riding hard, fast, safely AND taking a few corners.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home