Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Revenge Of The Sith

Having watched the much anticipated sequel of the StarWars, I must say that the storyline that George Lucas claimed would answer all the questions fans might have and plug all the gaps proved to be a disappointment. I shan't provide any spoilers by describing the storyline, but suffice to say I was rather taken aback by the ease at which Anakin turned to the Dark Side.

I mean, there was supposed to be this deliberating, inner struggle within Anakin on whether he should stick by his principles or betray them to save his wife's life. But what was shown on screen was a weak illustration, if anything, and failed to convince me enough to show sympathy for Anakin, which I feel certain was one of the emotions Lucas wanted to evoke; for viewers to sympathise, or empathise with Anakin Skywalker's decision to become a Sith Lord. When he went on his knees before Darth Sidious, I was like "Wha? Just like that?!?"...when just moments ago, he'd been reeling and asking himself what he had done. And the entirety in which Anakin's mindset changed when he became Sith was also too extreme to be believable.

And Darth Sidious looked like an old pussy, capable of dispatching only the mostly inept Jedi Knights. Dammit...he's supposed to be a Sith LORD! And in two encounters with Jedi Masters, he either loses or forces a draw. He always loses in the lightsaber duels and has to resort to fancy force tricks or Sith lightning... -_-'

Disappointing, to say the least. But at least the effects and fighting were good.

Riding hard, fast, safely AND taking a few corners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home