Time
3 days since I last blogged. 1 week till I start work. A new chapter unfolding once again.
Time. What is time? A never ending, fast flowing river of alternating currents
of warm memories and cold, hard realities? The sand trickling its way down, merging
with the ever growing mound at the bottom? A salve and medicine? Or a bitter pill to
swallow? The rush of flying wings or the slow meanderings of an eel returning to its
lair after a good meal? Ambiguous?
Time calls to mind a song by Barry Manilow that I've always loved. Goes something like
this:
Time,
You found time enough to love,
And I found love enough to hold you.
So tonight I'll fan the fiery feel inside,
Until the flames of love enfold you.
Laying beside you lost in the feeling,
So glad you opened my door.
Come with me.
Somewhere in the night you will see,
Everything lovers should know.
You're my song.
Music to magic to wind.
I'll play you over and over again.
Loving so right, (moving?) so (long?)
Closing your eyes and feel it every night.
We'll just go on burning bright
Somewhere in the night
You lie as the morning comes,
And I lie and watch you sleeping.
And you'll smile when you think about tonight
Like its a secret you've been keeping.
Laying beside you lost in the feeling,
So glad you opened my door.
Come with me.
Somewhere in the night you will see,
Everything lovers should know.
You're my song.
Music to magic to wind.
I'll play you over and over again.
Loving so right, (moving?) so (long?)
Closing your eyes and feel it every night.
We'll just go on burning bright
Somewhere in the night.
Can't really remember verbatim the lyrics.
On my way to help Richard set up on Friday, I had the ill fortune to cross paths with this
SembCorp liquid sewage container trucks that was leaking. Badly. I could smell the stuff even with my full face on. Gack~! And I had to ride my bike across that gunk to get to the right turn. >_<'
We bought 100 apples, and had 78 remainding at the end of the funfair. Some uncle took 40
of them home. GeeZ. I ate 3. If an apple a day keeps the doctor a day, 3 apples a day...sends you to him right away. We mauled an apple trying to lift it up with two 6 foot long bamboo poles. Badly. Jorina's sort of opened up a little more. That's good
progress. Hopefully I could get through to her and actually provide the kind of emotional,
intellectual and mental support that a cell leader's supposed to give.
Got a little irked when Richard suggested that I didn't help out at all when I arrived late on Saturday. Seemed like all the stuff I did on Saturday was for naught. Not as if
I'd stay out so late if it weren't for Hafeez's problems and end up being unable to get up on Saturday. But ah well...he's still young so yeah. I'll cut some slack. Relax.
Stayed up for 2 nights in the running with our Invader Sim to try to pull him out of the
mire. But he's all but withdrawn himself into this brooding cocoon. So much like dad. I
just hope that after encouraging him to just open up and share more he'll feel less
burdened by everything. Gee...even a trip to Darlene didn't do anything to perk him up
like it did the 1st time we went there.
While washing my bike yesterday, I realised the 2 nuts that are supposed to cap the wheel stems that allow my tires to be inflated or deflated were stolen. Retribution huh...
And my rear wheel is either warped, or the hub is. No wonder I've been getting those
unstable corners...
Now's whether I wanna downgrade to a EN 125 or not. Perks aside its gonna set me back by
a hefty 2.8k. And by the time I get the 2.8k back in terms of cost savings that the EN 125
has over my Kips, I think the bike would be ready for the scrapheap. But it makes sense
if I were to stick with the game plan of getting a class 2 machine. So now again, there
you have it. The question of whether to change, or not to change. Gee...
Missed church today...by the time I'd arrived home from Sim's place it was already time to get ready to go to church. Was too stoned to ride again so I hit the sack. Forgive me
God, for I have sinned. Daniel and Christabel came over today, and I was pleasantly
surprised when I heard that they were allowed to stay over for dinner on the virtue that
tomorrow is a school holiday. But mum kept to her 'ritual' of calling them every 2 minutes
once the time was up to see if they were on their way home already. I dunno...but that
always makes it seem to me that she's very unwilling to let them come over, does so
grudgingly and then sweeps them back once the allotted time is up. I know its probably
NOT like that but I can't help feeling this way. Especially after she went back
on her word and restricted dad's access to his children.
Haiz...such thoughts aren't very healthy. There I am telling Sim not to think so much.
Here I am reminiscing...Gah~
I can hear my bed calling out to me...
Riding hard, fast, safely AND taking a few corners.
Time. What is time? A never ending, fast flowing river of alternating currents
of warm memories and cold, hard realities? The sand trickling its way down, merging
with the ever growing mound at the bottom? A salve and medicine? Or a bitter pill to
swallow? The rush of flying wings or the slow meanderings of an eel returning to its
lair after a good meal? Ambiguous?
Time calls to mind a song by Barry Manilow that I've always loved. Goes something like
this:
Time,
You found time enough to love,
And I found love enough to hold you.
So tonight I'll fan the fiery feel inside,
Until the flames of love enfold you.
Laying beside you lost in the feeling,
So glad you opened my door.
Come with me.
Somewhere in the night you will see,
Everything lovers should know.
You're my song.
Music to magic to wind.
I'll play you over and over again.
Loving so right, (moving?) so (long?)
Closing your eyes and feel it every night.
We'll just go on burning bright
Somewhere in the night
You lie as the morning comes,
And I lie and watch you sleeping.
And you'll smile when you think about tonight
Like its a secret you've been keeping.
Laying beside you lost in the feeling,
So glad you opened my door.
Come with me.
Somewhere in the night you will see,
Everything lovers should know.
You're my song.
Music to magic to wind.
I'll play you over and over again.
Loving so right, (moving?) so (long?)
Closing your eyes and feel it every night.
We'll just go on burning bright
Somewhere in the night.
Can't really remember verbatim the lyrics.
On my way to help Richard set up on Friday, I had the ill fortune to cross paths with this
SembCorp liquid sewage container trucks that was leaking. Badly. I could smell the stuff even with my full face on. Gack~! And I had to ride my bike across that gunk to get to the right turn. >_<'
We bought 100 apples, and had 78 remainding at the end of the funfair. Some uncle took 40
of them home. GeeZ. I ate 3. If an apple a day keeps the doctor a day, 3 apples a day...sends you to him right away. We mauled an apple trying to lift it up with two 6 foot long bamboo poles. Badly. Jorina's sort of opened up a little more. That's good
progress. Hopefully I could get through to her and actually provide the kind of emotional,
intellectual and mental support that a cell leader's supposed to give.
Got a little irked when Richard suggested that I didn't help out at all when I arrived late on Saturday. Seemed like all the stuff I did on Saturday was for naught. Not as if
I'd stay out so late if it weren't for Hafeez's problems and end up being unable to get up on Saturday. But ah well...he's still young so yeah. I'll cut some slack. Relax.
Stayed up for 2 nights in the running with our Invader Sim to try to pull him out of the
mire. But he's all but withdrawn himself into this brooding cocoon. So much like dad. I
just hope that after encouraging him to just open up and share more he'll feel less
burdened by everything. Gee...even a trip to Darlene didn't do anything to perk him up
like it did the 1st time we went there.
While washing my bike yesterday, I realised the 2 nuts that are supposed to cap the wheel stems that allow my tires to be inflated or deflated were stolen. Retribution huh...
And my rear wheel is either warped, or the hub is. No wonder I've been getting those
unstable corners...
Now's whether I wanna downgrade to a EN 125 or not. Perks aside its gonna set me back by
a hefty 2.8k. And by the time I get the 2.8k back in terms of cost savings that the EN 125
has over my Kips, I think the bike would be ready for the scrapheap. But it makes sense
if I were to stick with the game plan of getting a class 2 machine. So now again, there
you have it. The question of whether to change, or not to change. Gee...
Missed church today...by the time I'd arrived home from Sim's place it was already time to get ready to go to church. Was too stoned to ride again so I hit the sack. Forgive me
God, for I have sinned. Daniel and Christabel came over today, and I was pleasantly
surprised when I heard that they were allowed to stay over for dinner on the virtue that
tomorrow is a school holiday. But mum kept to her 'ritual' of calling them every 2 minutes
once the time was up to see if they were on their way home already. I dunno...but that
always makes it seem to me that she's very unwilling to let them come over, does so
grudgingly and then sweeps them back once the allotted time is up. I know its probably
NOT like that but I can't help feeling this way. Especially after she went back
on her word and restricted dad's access to his children.
Haiz...such thoughts aren't very healthy. There I am telling Sim not to think so much.
Here I am reminiscing...Gah~
I can hear my bed calling out to me...
Riding hard, fast, safely AND taking a few corners.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home