Doorstep Countdown
First and foremost, I would
like to usher in the new year by wishing all my readers a Happy New Year!
May all your endeavours reap fruit for you~!!!
I started the day at school, where during the meeting the school structure was
being outlined, and I got my timetable. Will be teaching Primary 2, 3, 5 and 6
pupils next year. Thankfully, the upper primary subjects I'm covering aren't
core subjects. I'm kinda wondering why they gave me such unimportant roles.
Is it because they think I'm incompetent, and so assign me menial roles so that
if it becomes necessary to terminate my contract, it wouldn't be so hard to find
replacements? Or am I thinking too much?
Got home, and found out that Dad had been terminated as he had predicted.
Those council members in the condo are really low life misers. They can spend
millions to buy a condo, a couple of cars and stuff, and yet they fire my dad so
that they can save $300 a month on salary; the new guy's salary is that much
lower. I really don't understand. Fuckers...
Now I'll have to talk to Mum about Dad's maintainence.
Went out with her, walked around Orchard kinda aimlessly. Wanted to watch
a movie or sing KTV, but both were hopelessly crowded, and so we gave up
and headed home. We picked up some stuff for Dad on the way. We ran into
Ling Ling and Xin Li...turns out they were going to the Countdown party that's
just downstairs from my house. How convenient. She slept, I ate some satay
and then we went down to the party at 2330 hrs. There were some skirmishes
here and there; parties of revellers were dousing each other with foam and
streamer aerosols....the air was so thick with CFCs, I think the ozone layer has
become considerably thinner since Christmas and New Year...
The MP and grassroots overshot their speech time limit and went right through
the timing that we were supposed to countdown. In the end, the mcee just started
a countdown from 10, 6 seconds late from the actual timing.
She kinda got into an argument with Xin Li; the latter wanted to come up to my
place, but assumed that I wouldn't allow it. She was fed up with Xin Li's assumptions
and from there....cold war.
----------------------------------
The worst nightmare must be to buang when you are pillioning someone....especially
when it's not your fault (ie TAXI cuts into your lane)...and when your pillion suffers
more than you do....
The guilt that weighs down on you as the rider...is staggering. In spite of the fault
not really being yours. You'll ask yourself WHY you agreed to pillion the person...and its
even worse if the pillion is your better half.
On the way home from Bukit Panjang, at the t-junction near Bukit Panjang Plaza, I saw
this chopper+taxi accident...by the time I'd arrived there were already 2 cars parked in
front, 3 bikes behind to assist. The rider was cradling his pillion, his gf by the looks of it.
Damn sad case...
There were already so many people helping so I didn't stop coz too many hands will mess
things up. But I still feel kinda guilty that I didn't stop. Seeing the anguish on the rider's
face as he cradled his girlfriend....
That's why I always believe in the mantra of "Respecting your pillion's life".
Riding hard, fast, safely AND taking a few corners.
like to usher in the new year by wishing all my readers a Happy New Year!
May all your endeavours reap fruit for you~!!!
I started the day at school, where during the meeting the school structure was
being outlined, and I got my timetable. Will be teaching Primary 2, 3, 5 and 6
pupils next year. Thankfully, the upper primary subjects I'm covering aren't
core subjects. I'm kinda wondering why they gave me such unimportant roles.
Is it because they think I'm incompetent, and so assign me menial roles so that
if it becomes necessary to terminate my contract, it wouldn't be so hard to find
replacements? Or am I thinking too much?
Got home, and found out that Dad had been terminated as he had predicted.
Those council members in the condo are really low life misers. They can spend
millions to buy a condo, a couple of cars and stuff, and yet they fire my dad so
that they can save $300 a month on salary; the new guy's salary is that much
lower. I really don't understand. Fuckers...
Now I'll have to talk to Mum about Dad's maintainence.
Went out with her, walked around Orchard kinda aimlessly. Wanted to watch
a movie or sing KTV, but both were hopelessly crowded, and so we gave up
and headed home. We picked up some stuff for Dad on the way. We ran into
Ling Ling and Xin Li...turns out they were going to the Countdown party that's
just downstairs from my house. How convenient. She slept, I ate some satay
and then we went down to the party at 2330 hrs. There were some skirmishes
here and there; parties of revellers were dousing each other with foam and
streamer aerosols....the air was so thick with CFCs, I think the ozone layer has
become considerably thinner since Christmas and New Year...
The MP and grassroots overshot their speech time limit and went right through
the timing that we were supposed to countdown. In the end, the mcee just started
a countdown from 10, 6 seconds late from the actual timing.
She kinda got into an argument with Xin Li; the latter wanted to come up to my
place, but assumed that I wouldn't allow it. She was fed up with Xin Li's assumptions
and from there....cold war.
----------------------------------
The worst nightmare must be to buang when you are pillioning someone....especially
when it's not your fault (ie TAXI cuts into your lane)...and when your pillion suffers
more than you do....
The guilt that weighs down on you as the rider...is staggering. In spite of the fault
not really being yours. You'll ask yourself WHY you agreed to pillion the person...and its
even worse if the pillion is your better half.
On the way home from Bukit Panjang, at the t-junction near Bukit Panjang Plaza, I saw
this chopper+taxi accident...by the time I'd arrived there were already 2 cars parked in
front, 3 bikes behind to assist. The rider was cradling his pillion, his gf by the looks of it.
Damn sad case...
There were already so many people helping so I didn't stop coz too many hands will mess
things up. But I still feel kinda guilty that I didn't stop. Seeing the anguish on the rider's
face as he cradled his girlfriend....
That's why I always believe in the mantra of "Respecting your pillion's life".
Riding hard, fast, safely AND taking a few corners.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home