Saturday, January 08, 2005

School Starts

Blogspot is starting to get unreliable.
Crashing twice in a row in such a short time....
Haiz...good help is sooo hard to get nowadays.
Luckily I backed up on time or else....I probably wouldn't have had the heart
to start editing my template all over again.

Week one of school's first term. One word to describe it. Busy. Utterly so.
Tonnes of administrative work, though I'm spared the brunt of it since I was not
assigned a form class. Tonnes of planning and reading up. I only came to know what
classes and which levels I was to teach a few days before school started, whereas
Shere got his class way before, last year November. Poor planning on the part of the
school's administration...I hardly have enough time to read up and plan a week
beforehand like I did last year...the time after school is spent mostly preparing for
lessons that I have to conduct the next day. I lack the materials for some of the
subjects I am to teach. I lack certain resources and expertise; my mentor is on
leave as her father just passed away :(
And without this expertise...I start floundering around when on unfamiliar ground.
Let me give you an example. Teaching Character Education to a P6 EM 3 class.
The students are generally unresponsive and you get the idea that they are not
receptive to the 'brainwashing' I am attempting, trying to persuade them that
'Diligence' is a virtue worth adopting. They make crass jokes, issue remarks of
unrelated content, and basically make me walk out of the classroom feeling as
if trying to teach them CE is a futile attempt. The suggested activities in the resource
file provided would not excite nor occupy P6ers...much less EM 3 students who are
basically more physically active. Ask a P6er to colour a picture of a beaver? Maybe.
With a pencil.... -_-'

I've also been assigned to teach Art & Craft to the same class, again without the
required teacher's syllabus and resource. Walking into an EM 3 class without
adequate preparation and materials is the perfect recipe for a disaster. I was forced
to dig deep into my cupboards to find the leftover materials I had from last year so
I could provide the students with things to do. These materials will probably last me
for another week, but after that? I can't very well do without the basic requirements..
Even the teacher's resources for English, a core subject is lacking. What am I to do
with the pupils when they are sent to me on Monday? Especially when I do not have
the syllabus to give me a picture of what I am supposed to conduct....duh~
And on top of all this preparation and headache, there's meeting after meeting after
meeting. Missed a couple of workout sessions with MZ thanks to that.

I missed my IPPT session on Tuesday. Received the letter late, kept calling the PNS
department and received no reply for the entire morning. Thanks to that I had to
rush down to J Division HQ to get another letter scheduled on the 12th, which also
happens to fall on the same date as my photo taking session. Perfect.

I've more or less done up everything for my SV. Spent the high side of $500 on it.
Everything done except the brake pads.. The correct size seems quite hard to find.
I spent RM30 on a full wash + wax + polish, where they used a buffing machine to
shine my bike to a dazzling sheen. This sheen was quickly lost the next day thanks
to the neverending rain that also helped decorate my bike with lots of yellow leaves.

I had a real good talk with her. We sat down at Raffles City and talked. She admitted
to me all that she had been hiding, and I told her all the feelings that I had kept inside.
She cried and asked me to forgive her. Asked me to blame her. Asked me to scold her.
Well...how could I? Let me cite an example. The P2 students I teach are really very
cute. So cute and adorable and so totally endearing that I almost can't bear to scold
them even when they do something unacceptable. Get the picture? Well, now take
that feeling, and multiply it 1000x over. That's just the beginning of what I feel for
her. I dunno. Some people say I'm too nice to her. That girls are like that. That they
all claim to want nice guys but will end up taking advantage of one when they find
him. That I gotta be a little nasty. They point out how girls hang on to a boyfriend
even though the guy is a total jerk and treats her like shit. They point out how guys
like this tend to get the prettiest babes. Ah well~...
To me, someone I love this much deserves nothing less than the best from me. I'll
see this through my way irregardless of how it turns out.

I'm so busy I hardly have the time to blog anymore, or catch a decent sleep.
I'm even struggling with completing the tasks I have to do. Haiz...I don't even have
the time to top up the brake fluid in the Phantom, or flush the coolant in my SV.
I hardly have time to meet her. Even though I miss her so much my heart could
break.

Haizz....

Well...off to JB to pump petrol~
Riding hard, fast, safely AND taking a few corners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home