Thursday, September 15, 2005

Mountain Analogy

I noticed this comment in response to my post on Emotional Burnout.

It goes:

Someone compared love to climbing a mountain. Along the way up, there are obstacles n blizzards to slow one down. Sometimes, there may be a bonus rope that falls from the sky to help one reach the peak in a shorter time. But on a bad day, one loses one's footing n falls back to square 1 causing one to give up climbing entirely. N just becos of 1 slippery, frosty mountain, one totally gives up climbing the other mountains. Is it even fair to the rest? Why does a setback deter one from trying. And who knows, the end result may be different - a beautiful sunset at the summit. So is it worth the climb, u ask? u betcha...Love takes hard work and conscious effort to shape and reshape. Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own. And sometimes need be, Love is about learning to let go...But Life isn't just about love. There are also friends, family, other commitments and goals. So live life to the FULLest with or without LoVe...

And it brings to mind the following queries:

I wonder where the 'bonus rope' comes from.

I wonder how anyone lives life to the fullest without love.

And in my analogy, there was only one mountain. The mountain signified relationships. Perhaps the safety harness would be my better half. So actually the reply is a little off track.

Besides, what would other mountains care if I scale them or not because of one frosty mountain? There are many other climbers.

But I do see your point in saying all that. I'll think on it. :)

Riding hard, fast, safely AND taking a few corners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home