Sunday, October 24, 2004

Back Track

Friday was pretty much a terrible day. Didn't have the mood to blog.
At all. For the 1st time.

Ms Mary asked me to relieve 6.2 for her at 9 am. And so after my Math
lesson I went up, only to have her come up 10 minutes later to tell me
that I was supposed to relieve at 9:30 am instead. And so, with a mere
20 minutes of my only free period left to go, I rushed down to the
canteen, wolfed down 2 char siew paos...and ran back up with scant
minutes to spare. I arrived at the class just after the bell rang, only to
see the class happily watching 'Scooby Doo the Movie' and the relief
teacher tucked in a cosy corner doing her own thing.

When I waltz to the door and stood there, she gave me that 'one-eyebrow
-raised' quizzical look that said something like '...and what are you doing here?'
And so I waltzed away. In the end it turned out that she'd been waiting for me
to turn up, but didn't know which teacher was going to replace her. And when
I didn't 'show up', she couldn't do certain things she needed settled as a result.
And so I got a roasting from her for nothing. It's not as if I'd deliberately pulled
a no-show; I rushed my meal and zipped up to the class...and all the while
I always had this understanding that it'd be rude for a teacher to barge into a
class while another teacher is teaching, and so when she didn't come out I didn't
go in. And one of the points she grilled me on is that 'I lacked initiative...I should
have gone in to ask etc...'. Ah well...conceptions and misconceptions...

And then I had to go deliver the exam papers to her. And I was thinking a good
riding session would calm me down. And just as I happily open the door with
helmets in hand, I see it start to rain. !$%!#$... so no choice had to dump my
helmets and take public transport. And the best thing is...the rain stopped just
as I arrived at the busstop after walking in the rain. Wtf....and the bus I took
seemed to be at a standstill each time I looked up.

I arrived earlier than expected, and since we'd arranged to meet at the LRT
platform, I thought since I was early I could catch her on her way out of home.
And so I messaged her telling her I was early and whether she wanted to change
the meeting place.

5 minutes, and no response. I assumed she didn't hear her phone and messaged
her a second time, just as her reply came in, saying she didn't want a change of
venue. Moments later, just as I scanned my EZ-Link, she called, and started
shelling me, asking me 'who's the one who's early? huh? where are you? why
don't you come up?', when I'd just arrived and didn't really have the time to
get up there. And so, an already foul mood turned even more sour. I passed her
the notes, and did the most ungentlemanly thing by walking away, stopping only
when she called me. Thing is, I'd rather walk away than flare up at her and risk
hurting her that way. Still, it doesn't excuse what I did...

We made up on the way to her tuition kid's residence, but started off again when
she told me her friend just met with an accident on her Phantom. I asked if her
friend needed help, that I didn't mind going down to assess the bike and tend to
her injuries if need be. And she eventually flared up at me because I kept asking
her to ask her friend and she didn't want to. Gee...it's not really my problem but
I wanna help because she's her friend and this is what I get. She did try to
explain to me via sms later...but I always think preventing the damage in the
first place is better than inflicting the damage and then trying to repair it, which
kinda applied in this case...to me.

Met PJ at West Mall...she thanked me for giving her an excuse to come out, but
she really doesn't know what she did to lift some of that shite off my shoulders.
Ah well...had my haircut finally.

Went to Lynette's chalet yesterday. Held in this really big bungalow. Went early
to cycle but ended up confined in the bungalow thanks to Mr. Rainclouds. Cycled
for an hour before returning to makanZ~!! Lynette had this really pretty friend
who looked a little like Takako Uehara...but attached as expected. Shere as usual
displayed his usual lack of taste...-_-'
Met Meiyi n Gail as well...well no changes in those departments.

Went to church today...and went out with PJ again...surprisingly coz she asked me
out. Took her on her first bike ride to Suntec. When we reached there, the thing she
told me about was sold out...:( after 16 days then she tell me....:(
Sat at Coffee Bean and regaled her with some of my stories...
She surprised me again by giving me a hug after I'd sent her home.

Ah well...tomorrow's the last week of 'real' teaching for the year...
Riding hard, fast, safely AND taking a few corners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home