Thursday, November 25, 2004

Exodus

1st 2A lesson today...following the one I foolishly missed
two days ago.
Arrived late...I actually had plenty of time to spare, but didn't want to cool
my heels at BBDC and so stayed home...a little too long.
Went to take my bike...the 1st 2A bike I've laid my hands on. Honda Hornet 250.
Relatively easy to push. Hard to kick side stand. Clutch a tad too near. Sound?
Orgasmic~! Fooommm~...fooomm...~
No drony and draggy 'ppeeeeehehhhhh...piak piak piak' from the cheesy 2B
sportsbikes.
Handling? Fwoah~!! The bike gave me the confidence to go down lower than
I've ever been on my KRR. Back end was stable and was as if it was pinned to
the ground.
Initially I wasn't used to the clutch and kept having to restart my engine. As I got
into the flow of things, I became the only trainee able to keep up with the instructor
as he showed us the course we would be doing for the day. Slope? No problems.
Turning, safety checks, positioning, lane changes? No problems there either...

I buanged on my 2nd attempt on the narrow plank tho...wasn't used to the sudden
delivery of power and the huge difference in engine brake and went down the
plank thanks to the jerking. Tried to remount the plank and ended up losing control.
Slowly gained confidence on the pylon slalom.

After the lesson, I went to visit Uncle John to advise him on which schools they should
pick for Claribel. Seems the latter wasn't in a good mood...or didn't exactly want to see
me. Either way...her attitude kinda dampened the high I was in thanks to my 1st 2A
lesson.

Got a lesson at 9:50am tomorrow....haha better go sleep
Riding hard, fast, safely AND taking a few corners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home