Budget Shoes
After another routinely boring day at Expo, I sent Ou Di
to Queensway and met XL there. Was looking for a pair of new shoes
that could stand the strain of riding a bike...that is being able to take
the gear shifting process without opening a new hole, and weather wet
conditions.
Looking around, we could only find 2 Nike shoes that were suitable. Both
were black. One at $130++....a fairly normal looking shoe with orange
Nike logos on the sides and the front. Rugged look from the top.
Then there was this $180++ one which looked slightly better, although XL
said it looked a lot better and definately was worth the extra $50. Silver logo,
with the spring thingy most Nikes have behind. Slightly more sophisticated
look, better treads. But no groove thanks to the spring thingy so I can't rest
comfortably on my footrests.
And so while I was thinking on it, (I personally preferred the more rugged
look of the 1st shoe, plus the price, but XL's opinion was the 2nd shoe looked
better), we wandered into the shop where MZ had gotten his pair of goggles.
Lo and behold. A Nike sale. And whoa~....a pair of Nikes that fitted my criteria
going at a mere $54!! They looked good, for that price, even though they were
clearly out of fashion stock. *tempted*
The Nike logo's colour looked like something you extract from your nose when
you're heaty tho...
We made another round, and then I decided, heck, if I'm gonna get simple
shoes to go out, why spend so much? I went back to the shop and asked them
for size 9. Salesman said only 9 1/2. Fine...I wear my New Balance at that size.
Search search...rummage rummage...'Sorry sir...no size also'. Bo pianz...choose
another colour. Size 9. Yaay...here you go. A little too fitting, but I guess I have
yet to get used to the shoes.
Brought XL to ABC market to try the avocado juice. Ended up eating sting ray.
Wa...today eat a lot ah!!
Sent Dad to work today.
Riding hard, fast, safely AND taking a few corners.
to Queensway and met XL there. Was looking for a pair of new shoes
that could stand the strain of riding a bike...that is being able to take
the gear shifting process without opening a new hole, and weather wet
conditions.
Looking around, we could only find 2 Nike shoes that were suitable. Both
were black. One at $130++....a fairly normal looking shoe with orange
Nike logos on the sides and the front. Rugged look from the top.
Then there was this $180++ one which looked slightly better, although XL
said it looked a lot better and definately was worth the extra $50. Silver logo,
with the spring thingy most Nikes have behind. Slightly more sophisticated
look, better treads. But no groove thanks to the spring thingy so I can't rest
comfortably on my footrests.
And so while I was thinking on it, (I personally preferred the more rugged
look of the 1st shoe, plus the price, but XL's opinion was the 2nd shoe looked
better), we wandered into the shop where MZ had gotten his pair of goggles.
Lo and behold. A Nike sale. And whoa~....a pair of Nikes that fitted my criteria
going at a mere $54!! They looked good, for that price, even though they were
clearly out of fashion stock. *tempted*
The Nike logo's colour looked like something you extract from your nose when
you're heaty tho...
We made another round, and then I decided, heck, if I'm gonna get simple
shoes to go out, why spend so much? I went back to the shop and asked them
for size 9. Salesman said only 9 1/2. Fine...I wear my New Balance at that size.
Search search...rummage rummage...'Sorry sir...no size also'. Bo pianz...choose
another colour. Size 9. Yaay...here you go. A little too fitting, but I guess I have
yet to get used to the shoes.
Brought XL to ABC market to try the avocado juice. Ended up eating sting ray.
Wa...today eat a lot ah!!
Sent Dad to work today.
Riding hard, fast, safely AND taking a few corners.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home