Beautiful Stranger
Normally, when I'm on the road, I spend my attention almost entirely on the road ahead; I don't normally notice things that happen around me, like the ugly car we just overtook, etc. Concentration like that, it's mentally draining.
I'd been on the road for 12 hours already. Mind, swamped with weariness, further numbed by mental inactivity...sitting there at Starbucks doing nothing at all but stone.
And so, in that hazy state, I rode my bike to the exit of the carpark. The road beyond was clear, and I was about to throttle off. Suddenly, a small motion to my right catches what's left of my attention;
It is a girl, in a black top. Except she is so beautiful, the group of friends around her fade into obscurity. They are nothing, and mean less than the non-existant wind to me. Nothing matters. Except her.
Beauty so undeniable. Probably one of the most beautiful, exquisite girls I've ever seen. The perfect mix of sweetness and prettiness distilled into that one, perfect visage. The very kind of 'dream girl' I dream of holding in my arms in those short, drowsy moments before I fall asleep.
Wow.
And then she crossed the carpark, in slow motion. Disappearing from my field of vision. Leaving a mental imprint at the back of my befuddled mind.
I stayed at the exit for so long, WQ started wondering...
Ok, maybe I was tired. And maybe the mental fatigue acted on my eyes the way alcohol makes most girls look prettier the more you drink. And WQ said she looked pretty, but not as pretty as I made her out to be.
But God...if she was as pretty as I thought she was...being granted the priviledge to look at her everyday...I think I'd fall in love. It's been quite a while, and I think I've almost forgotten how to do it.
Haha yeah, I know there are some pretty girls around me. But I don't think it's fair to start something when I'm not sure I'm completely over the last one.
Riding hard, fast, safely AND taking a few corners.
I'd been on the road for 12 hours already. Mind, swamped with weariness, further numbed by mental inactivity...sitting there at Starbucks doing nothing at all but stone.
And so, in that hazy state, I rode my bike to the exit of the carpark. The road beyond was clear, and I was about to throttle off. Suddenly, a small motion to my right catches what's left of my attention;
It is a girl, in a black top. Except she is so beautiful, the group of friends around her fade into obscurity. They are nothing, and mean less than the non-existant wind to me. Nothing matters. Except her.
Beauty so undeniable. Probably one of the most beautiful, exquisite girls I've ever seen. The perfect mix of sweetness and prettiness distilled into that one, perfect visage. The very kind of 'dream girl' I dream of holding in my arms in those short, drowsy moments before I fall asleep.
Wow.
And then she crossed the carpark, in slow motion. Disappearing from my field of vision. Leaving a mental imprint at the back of my befuddled mind.
I stayed at the exit for so long, WQ started wondering...
Ok, maybe I was tired. And maybe the mental fatigue acted on my eyes the way alcohol makes most girls look prettier the more you drink. And WQ said she looked pretty, but not as pretty as I made her out to be.
But God...if she was as pretty as I thought she was...being granted the priviledge to look at her everyday...I think I'd fall in love. It's been quite a while, and I think I've almost forgotten how to do it.
Haha yeah, I know there are some pretty girls around me. But I don't think it's fair to start something when I'm not sure I'm completely over the last one.
Riding hard, fast, safely AND taking a few corners.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home