Monday, August 01, 2005

Camp Compendium

Here goes my summary on the 3 different camps.

I woke up in the morning for the first time in months to take the train (another first in months) to the ODAC camp. I miscalculated the timing and arrived late, but apparently, so did everyone else.

The camp started off badly for me. It was raining from the offset, and I started wondering what the fuck I was doing there when I could have very well been in bed at home, instead of pitching a crummy, mismatched tent in the frikkin' rain.

My bad mood lifted with the rain, however, and I started immersing myself with my OG. My OG consisted of 5 people, and at the end of the camp, it turned out that one of the girls in my OG was a mole; a senior put inside my OG to act as a freshman as part of a game. The night 'fright' walk perked me up further, although I could see all but one of the 'frighteners' (must thank my dad for feeding me enough carrots..). This, and a good night's sleep, ensured that I was up and running for the next day's cycling trip. That night, we sat up till 5am asking Weiling questions.

ODAC camp pictures available at http://www.zorpia.com/cgi/album.cgi?227105

With just 2 hours worth of shut eye, I left my OG to their amazing race, and departed for the YEN camp. I was super shagged out, but that did not prevent me from enjoying the most enjoyable camp of the 3. The group was pretty quiet at first, but warmed up to each other by the second day. In fact, I feel that this group, of all my OGs, gelled together the most.

Pictures available at:
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/artiefartyworld/album?.dir=5da1&.src=ph
http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/arh-dee-dus/lst?.dir=/yen+camp&.src=gr&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//briefcase.yahoo.com/

The SRC camp, with all the publicity and hoohaa, proved to be a mild disappointment. During the orientation day, they said of the ODAC camp," What for you go and live in tent again? After 2 years in NS bueh sian ah?!?"

Ironically, the accomodations at ODAC were better than the refugee style stretcher safari beds they housed us in at Sentosa.

They also said of the YEN camp,"What for go there and play 3 days worth of boardgames?"

Ironically, the activities planned for us at YEN were more refreshing and entertaining. In fact, for the entire SRC camp, my favourite part of the camp was the part where we went around looking for people to dunk into the sea. Still, I had some fun.

SRC pics @ http://profx.touchcommunity.info/gallery/
http://profx.junhong.org/gallery

School's starting tomorrow...

Riding hard, fast, safely AND taking a few corners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home