Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Social Activity

Ever since the last 3 camps, my social life has been bustling with activity, to the point of bursting. And as my social activities increased, the incentive to blog decreased in an inversely proportional manner. Especially when my computer periodically decides to take a rest and powers off by itself, an activity that is not very conducive towards blogging.

I have 3 different group of friends at SIM, jio-ing me for outing after outing. ODAC, YEN and SRC OGs...maybe it's a good thing my 1st Orientation Group didn't gel together or I'd be overwhelmed; I'm already swamped as it is. These groups tend towards expensive tastes, and the venues have become as predictable as they are wallet-bleeding. Marche's, Cafe Cartel, Olio Dome, NYDC. Meals for over $10. Which is a lot to me now that I'm no longer drawing an income. The consecqutive trips to these eating places was almost too much for my poor pocket, and I resorted to eating at home before joining them outside. I couldn't help gloating, since I paid less than a fifth of what they'd paid, and I was considerably more filled than they were.

On top of these 3 very happening groups, I have to juggle my Primary school friends, Secondary school friends, JC buddies, NS mates, biking and diving kakis. Not to mention my family. It's really quite destressing, trying to choose between two or more groups when they're essentially asking you out to do the same thing on the same day (i.e. watch a movie) but at collectively different venues. I've entertained the idea of compiling the groups together for one uber massive outing before...but given the fiasco that ensued the last time I tried to bring my ex-gf's friends and mine together, I dropped the idea.

On hindsight, school's started. I was pretty excited and woke up a good hour before my alarm rang on the first day. Arrived in the LT with Jolene to find that the only available seats were at the very front. And so I spent the first day in school like an utter nerd, listening intently to the lecturer and essentially ignoring the poor lass beside me, who was bored to tears. Having been out of the school environment for 3 years made me crave for it so much I could actually listen in class in favour of exchanging verbal tit-bits with a pretty lady...I think I'm nuts.

Riding hard, fast, safely AND taking a few corners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home