Tuesday, December 27, 2005

2005 Is Dying

Yep. The year is finally coming to a close. Another 5 more days to go, and 2005 will officially be over, a thing of the past, a distant memory. And I couldn't be gladder.

It's 4:30am in the morning. I missed my class 2 lesson yesterday and have another one in 3 hours time. I'm bone tired, but there are simply too many things in my mind to allow me restful sleep. Looking back at my past blog entries, I realise how the flow of time changes everything. Just a year ago, I had different aspirations, different dreams. A different loved one. Different things to do. Different things I'd talk about. Funny how time creeps up on a man. I didn't use to think the way I do now before.

A year ago, I'd just gotten my SV. Now, I am making plans to let go of that magnificent ride because of her mum. A year ago, I was a teacher, impacting many little lives with each word and gesture I made. Now, my life is my own, and instead of striving to be a good teacher, I have taken up the mantle of being a student once again. A year ago, Adeline was my soulmate, someone I shared everything with, planned to marry even. Now, I hardly ever see her, or hear from her at all. It's funny how swiftly change takes place.

2005 has been a really bad year. Aspirations dashed. Relationships that had stood the test of time shattered in this capricious annum. Many of my friends assumed too that I'd end up marrying Adeline, our relationship having stood the test that National Service presented. And if you thought my close to 4 year relationship was long, how about XL, who broke up after 6 long years with his girl? WQ was in his relationship for 3 1/2 years, his parents also expecting the pair to tie the knot. And we were not the only ones. By September, I'd already lost count of the number of friends I personally knew who had broken up. The last count was 23 couples.

Staggering, innit? Which is why I can hardly wait for the year to end, and hope that 2006 will bring brighter days, if not for me, then for those around me. The one good thing that I am thankful for that happened to me this year, the only thing that makes going through this year seem worth it, was ZW. The last 3 days spent with her were arguably the best, sweetest days I've had for the entire year. And possibly one of the best Christmas Eves, Christmas Days and Boxing Days that I've ever had. It seems that, just as as the White Witch's power waned and the winter turned into summer, that as 2005 dies, the accompanying misfortunes that rode piggyback on it start losing their grip as well.

I for one will certainly not look back when 2005 concludes like a door that shuts, and is never ever opened again.

Riding hard, fast, safely AND taking a few corners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home