Picking Back Up
Stayed at home for the entire day.
Haven't done that for a long, long time. Was pretty tired out from the previous day, having stayed up all night without sleeping for fear of oversleeping and missing church. Got up for lunch, used the computer briefly before turning the use of it over to my Dad.
And then I broke open my toolbox, and started on my 1st Tamiya model since almost a year back, before the accident that fractured my collarbone. Well, a long time ago, when my ex-gf came back from her trip to Australia, one of the gifts she got me was this steel poster thingy with a Ducati 900cc Mike Hailwood Replica 1978 emblazoned on it. I was contemplating where I'd put it up, and my plans were altered when I came across this hobby shop at Suntec City that sold the same Tamiya model of the Ducati 900cc. I bought it after unsuccessfully attempting to purge that itch inside that festered once I saw the box. I plan to go to Ikea, get me a small wall-mounted shelf, get the display casing from the hobby shop, put the model in once I've completed it, put the display casing on the shelf, and mount the steel poster thingy behind it. Once done, I'll have a mini 'Ducati corner'.
It's pretty tough trying to work on a task that requires attention to the most intricate details on a coffee table. The sofa's too high, the floor is too uncomfortable...I can't seem to find the required degree of comfort in order for me to work at my optimum level. Had trouble with painting the battery (just like my SV's battery went flat that day), had trouble with the throttle and plug cables. But I managed to tame the air brush and came away with some remarkable results for the gold leaf wheels and the fairings.


But the fairings aren't completed yet; Just as I was done with the engine, I discovered that I didn't have the most important colour...Red (x-7) . How to continue like that?!? So annoying. I had to stop work when I could've completed the bike within 2 to 3 days. Now I have to get back to the hobby shops to see if they have this colour. I might have to get a new canister of compressed air...gonna try to airbrush the entire bike.
Seems like my previous post has brought abit a mite of misunderstandings. I'm not withdrawing from outings as a whole. But those outings with people whom I hardly know, where the most I know about them is which bike they ride...exchanging meaningless smiles and even more meaningless gestures...those will be cut out. Phone calls and smses from friends asking me somewhere will continue to be considered. Got it?
There is a limit to every man's patience, even when found guilty. A man may accept his punishment or admonishment with his head bowed in shame the 1st time. Stoic the 2nd time. Accepting the 3rd time. Graciously the 4th time. But if you keep brow beating him over and over again over the same issue, especially when he has humbled himself to admit his fault and beg forgiveness, sooner or later, the man is going to stand up, break the rod that was striking him, and yell something to the effect of 'forget it!'....vulgarities are optional.
Riding hard, fast, safely AND taking a few corners.
Haven't done that for a long, long time. Was pretty tired out from the previous day, having stayed up all night without sleeping for fear of oversleeping and missing church. Got up for lunch, used the computer briefly before turning the use of it over to my Dad.
And then I broke open my toolbox, and started on my 1st Tamiya model since almost a year back, before the accident that fractured my collarbone. Well, a long time ago, when my ex-gf came back from her trip to Australia, one of the gifts she got me was this steel poster thingy with a Ducati 900cc Mike Hailwood Replica 1978 emblazoned on it. I was contemplating where I'd put it up, and my plans were altered when I came across this hobby shop at Suntec City that sold the same Tamiya model of the Ducati 900cc. I bought it after unsuccessfully attempting to purge that itch inside that festered once I saw the box. I plan to go to Ikea, get me a small wall-mounted shelf, get the display casing from the hobby shop, put the model in once I've completed it, put the display casing on the shelf, and mount the steel poster thingy behind it. Once done, I'll have a mini 'Ducati corner'.
It's pretty tough trying to work on a task that requires attention to the most intricate details on a coffee table. The sofa's too high, the floor is too uncomfortable...I can't seem to find the required degree of comfort in order for me to work at my optimum level. Had trouble with painting the battery (just like my SV's battery went flat that day), had trouble with the throttle and plug cables. But I managed to tame the air brush and came away with some remarkable results for the gold leaf wheels and the fairings.


But the fairings aren't completed yet; Just as I was done with the engine, I discovered that I didn't have the most important colour...Red (x-7) . How to continue like that?!? So annoying. I had to stop work when I could've completed the bike within 2 to 3 days. Now I have to get back to the hobby shops to see if they have this colour. I might have to get a new canister of compressed air...gonna try to airbrush the entire bike.
Seems like my previous post has brought abit a mite of misunderstandings. I'm not withdrawing from outings as a whole. But those outings with people whom I hardly know, where the most I know about them is which bike they ride...exchanging meaningless smiles and even more meaningless gestures...those will be cut out. Phone calls and smses from friends asking me somewhere will continue to be considered. Got it?
There is a limit to every man's patience, even when found guilty. A man may accept his punishment or admonishment with his head bowed in shame the 1st time. Stoic the 2nd time. Accepting the 3rd time. Graciously the 4th time. But if you keep brow beating him over and over again over the same issue, especially when he has humbled himself to admit his fault and beg forgiveness, sooner or later, the man is going to stand up, break the rod that was striking him, and yell something to the effect of 'forget it!'....vulgarities are optional.
Riding hard, fast, safely AND taking a few corners.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home