Saturday, April 16, 2005

Yoshimura RS-3

All night I lay awake. Staring sightlessly at the ceiling.
Fanning the flames that heated my anticipation till boiling point. The increased horsepower. The improved pickups. The orgasmic aural feedback;The bassy thrumming and trilling as the air pressure generated by the growling v-twin engine forces the exhaust gases through the Yoshimura RS-3 easily hits people standing more than a car length away, turning heads as I cruise down the broadway, or setting off car alarms when I fire up my engines in the multi-storey carpark. The Yoshimura RS-3 that I would be installing into my bike.



Header Posted by Hello


I asked around, wanting to be sure it was suitable for my ride. And I was assured that $200 would be a good buy for a RS-3 by my friends. The malay chap who sold me the pipe assured me that it could be used on a 400cc bike; claiming that his friends had used it for their Super 4s on northward expeditions. Convinced, I started making plans. I'd go to Seng Kwang and have it installed, and just enjoy the cacophony of sounds the rumbling hollow end can produces, then fit back my stock end can for the ride home; the RS-3's a world lighter than my stock titanium end can. I'd go down to Looi's and get Meng Tong to tune up the bike, THEN blast the hell out at the NSHW. And I'd blog about it.

I travelled to Seng Kwang in the rain twice just to discover that the chamber size of the RS-3 was too big for a teenie 400cc machine. I'd lose out on power, but the sound would be there. Pay $210 for a power cut? No thank you. I wonder how that malay's friends put the pipe on their Super 4s.....frickin liars. I was offered an alternative, a Muzzy end can of dubious origins that I promptly rejected after considering the fact that I would have to lug 2 exhaust pipes home if I took it.

Bloody muds are all the same. Rileks one korner. Conniving liars to achieve their own ends. Loafers. I ranted and ranted to no end to HQ(Red Leader) and PJ...all the while receiving another shower of blessing from the heavens above while seated at the AMK S-11.

All that anticipation down the drain.

Once again, goes to reinforce this little nugget of truth: Man proposes, God disposes.

Lousy Saturday then, with my Dad leaving for China (God..I'm so gonna miss him), having cat pee on my front rim and canvas (God help it...I'm gonna cook it on my exhaust pipe), riding around in the rain, and no change of exhaust pipe. Got the drill but can't get it to work. Gaah~

Still, it does get one's spirits up listening to PJ go du-diao or indulging in the oh-so-cute Snow Angel as she belts out Guang Liang's Tong Hua over the phone.

Been working on my Ducati...and I'm pretty proud of the progress so far. It's been taking quite a while I know, but waiting an entire day for the paint to dry is paying off; no frickin' fingerprint marks are gonna mar this one. It's looking good so far.

Fairing Posted by Hello


Went to Kbox with the Ostrich, the Raccoon and the Fool (Black sheep)...the room was freezing and I couldn't find the form to sing.

Had a lot more to say...but my mind is numb from fatigue...

In the meantime, entertain yourself with this excellent write-up about Xiaxue Killers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home